Do you clean your vehicle? The answer is probably YES. But do you clean your engine? If not, that is synonymous to taking a shower and not brushing your teeth.
You might think that since no one sees your engine except you and the occasional mechanic, there’s no point?
Well, like with the rest of your vehicle, cleaning prevents damage and keeps the resale value high.
Here are some reasons you may not have thought of for cleaning your engine and engine compartment:
- A car engine covered in oil and grit is allowing premature wear in the pulleys and bearings or hiding serious issues like gasket leaks.
- A clean engine allows the engine to stay cooler, operate efficiently, and keep your value high.
- It’s easier to spot potential trouble before it becomes a major problem.
- If your engine is filthy, you’re not going to know if that small fluid leak has been there forever, or if it just appeared.
- Clean engines make leaks, cracks easier to spot.
- Remove road salt and debris that can lead to corrosion if they’re allowed to accumulate.
- Remove debris that can cause hot spots to form on the engine and its components, shortening their lives.
- Prevent the buildup of combustible materials, such as leaves or oil, that are fire hazards on the road and in the garage.
- A clean engine is more enjoyable to work on and look at.
We have a very easy to use Engine Cleaner. Click here to see how to clean your engine